Covid Policies for INDOOR classes
We are thrilled to see you in person this fall, in the safest way possible!
These policies will be updated as the medical community learns more and will be adjusted as Covid-19 cases change in our community.
That said, with the adjustments outlined, we’ve be able to significantly mitigate risk with attending our in-person classes and have been once again enjoy gathering as a musical community.
Kindermusik with Christa Beck holds classes for Newborns-6.5 Year Olds. The most effective risk mitigation for this age group include adult physical distancing, adults wearing masks and all age hand hygiene.
We will focus in our studio on the 3 Ws: Watch your distance. Wear your mask. Wash your hands.
WATCH YOUR DISTANCE
- We are able to open because keeping your distance from people significantly limits the spread of Covid-19.
- To ensure a physical distance of at least 6 feet inside each of our studio spaces, we will be limiting class size to 5-6 families in each class. For our drop off classes, we will allow 6 children total. For group piano, we have room for four children. This gives ample room for movement while maintaining distance.
- We will no longer necessarily be sitting in a circle. Dots or boxes will identify space for your family to sit, stand, dance and play while keeping the proper distance away from another family.
- Adults and school aged children will be asked to keep a physical distance of 6 feet when able while in the building
- Children under 3.5 years cannot and will not be expected to keep distance but we will discourage touching when we can and will have a box for instruments that get picked up by others and clean instruments will be available to replace. Bringing your child to class should assume some risk, for our kids will be kids. If you are at all concerned with a baby or child wandering into your space, you may want to consider joining us online.
- Only the Kindermusik room, piano room, fellowship hall and bathrooms in the back of the hall are accessible for Kindermusik families. Please stay clear of other areas of the building.
- Caregivers not participating with kids in a drop off class must wait in their cars/run errands or physically distanced in the fellowship hall right outside our classroom.
- Enter the building for your class no more than 10 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning between classes. If you arrive at the church earlier than 10 minutes before your class start time, please wait in your car.
WEAR YOUR MASK
- Wearing masks significantly limits the spread of Covid-19. There are NO health risks to wearing a mask for 40-45 minutes of class.
- Properly fitted masks that cover the mouth AND NOSE are required for all individuals age 5 and up, regardless of vaccination status. We highly recommend children over 2 through 4 wear masks also. In order to prevent educators from needing to assess vaccination status or having our studio record and store your personal health information, we will ask that everyone wears a mask so that children who can’t yet receive the vaccine are protected.
- We understand that young children may have challenges wearing a mask—we ask that you do your best to help your child wear their mask correctly. Even if you are vaccinated, wearing a mask will help support your child and demonstrate solidarity to encourage your child in wearing their mask correctly.
- All of our educators are fully vaccinated. They may remove their masks during teaching while maintaining physical distance to better communicate with class participants, but will replace their masks if they are in close proximity with your family. Some educators may choose to wear masks throughout the class.
WASH YOUR HANDS
- We are able to open because when you wash your hands and/or use sanitizer OFTEN, you significantly limit the spread of Covid-19.
- We have hand sanitizer at the entrance of each classroom.
- We will require all to sanitize or wash hands before, during and after class.
- Bathrooms with soap, hot water, paper towel dispensers and covered garbage bins should provide all necessary for washing hands if you would prefer to wash hands.
DO NOT ATTEND WHEN ILL
- You and your child may NOT enter the building if you or they are ill.
- With unlimited Zoom make-ups, unlimited attendance and optional online classes from home, you NEVER need to attend class when you or your children are ill.
- Due to smaller class sizes, it will be more important than ever to let us know when you WILL NOT be attending a class, so that we will be able to offer that spot to another.
- If you have ANY question about whether you should attend class due to symptoms, please contact me.
- Teachers will immediately cancel in person class and may hold online if they are ill or you may attend another class to make up.
- This policy is very strict and will be enforced and communicated often. Do not enter the building when you or your child is ill.
Please take temps often at home. If it is above 100.4 in the past 2 days, stay home and choose a virtual class to attend in place of in person.
You (and our teachers) may NOT enter the building if you or your child could answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with any person with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, any shortness of breath or a sore throat?
- Have you experienced any recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced any vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have thick nasal discharge?
- Have you had a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit today or within the last 48 hours?
If you answer YES to any of the above, you will not be allowed to enter Kindermusik classroom, but rather you will be encouraged to give consideration to contacting your health provider and attending a Zoom live virtual class.
DISINFECTING & CLEANING
- ALL bathroom touch points will be disinfected in between classes.
- ALL common touch points will be disinfected in between classes. (door handles, sanitizer stations, light switches, counters, glass, entrances)
- All materials for class are disinfected and provided in each families own PERSONAL bin. Example: 4 shakers, 2 drums and dancing scarfs.
- ALL used instruments and props washed/disinfected before next use.
- Room purifiers/fans will be put on HIGH before and after each class.
- Shoes are taken off and coats and bags are placed in the shoe area.
ONLINE MUSIC CLASSES/MAKEUP classes
- We plan on continuing some live online classes for makeups (in addition to in person makeups you may schedule).
Join us for in person, online, or outdoor park classes!