Fall 2020 Re-Open Policies
With a medical advisory board of doctors, nurses & CDC employees, we have a fluid plan for safely re-opening Kindermusik with Christa Beck studios to IN PERSON classes. We are thrilled to see you in person this fall, in the safest way possible!
These new policies will be updated as the medical community learns more and will be adjusted as Covid-19 cases change in our community.
These precautions do change how a Kindermusik class should feel. Like you, we are looking forward to a vaccine and treatment that allows us to be gathering without these limitations. That said, with the adjustments outlined, we’ll be able to significantly mitigate risk with attending our in-person classes and can once again enjoy gathering as a musical community.
Kindermusik with Christa Beck holds classes for Newborns-6.5 Year Olds. The most effective risk mitigation for this age group include adult physical distancing, adults wearing masks and all age hand hygiene.
We will focus in our studio on the 3 Ws: Watch your distance. Wear your mask. Wash your hands.
WATCH YOUR DISTANCE
- We are able to open because keeping your distance from people significantly limits the spread of Covid-19.
- To ensure a physical distance of at least 6 feet inside each of our studio spaces, we will be limiting class size to 5-6 families in each class. For our drop off classes, we will allow 6 children total. For group piano, we have room for four children. This gives ample room for movement while maintaining distance.
- We will no longer necessarily be sitting in a circle. Dots or boxes will identify space for your family to sit, stand, dance and play while keeping the proper distance away from another family.
- Adults and school aged children will be asked to keep a physical distance of 6 feet when able while in the building
- Children under 3.5 years cannot and will not be expected to keep distance but we will discourage touching when we can and will have a box for instruments that get picked up by others and clean instruments will be available to replace. Bringing your child to class should assume some risk, for our kids will be kids. If you are at all concerned with a baby or child wandering into your space, you may want to consider joining us online.
- Only the Kindermusik room, piano room, fellowship hall and bathrooms in the back of the hall are accessible for Kindermusik families. Please stay clear of other areas of the building.
- Caregivers not participating with kids in a drop off class must wait in their cars/run errands or physically distanced in the fellowship hall right outside our classroom.
- Enter the building for your class no more than 10 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning between classes. If you arrive at the church earlier than 10 minutes before your class start time, please wait in your car.
WEAR YOUR MASK
- We are able to open because wearing masks significantly limits the spread of Covid-19. There are NO health risks to wearing a mask for 40-45 minutes of class.
- Teachers will be wearing properly fitted masks.
- Properly fitted masks over the mouth and nose required for all adults the entire time they are in the building.
- Masks, if tolerated well, are welcomed but not required in children 2-5 years old.
- For those children 5 years and up who wear masks to school/daycare and tolerate masks well, they would be strongly encouraged to wear them for the short time they are in class.
WASH YOUR HANDS
- We are able to open because when you wash your hands and/or use sanitizer OFTEN, you significantly limit the spread of Covid-19.
- We have hand sanitizer at the entrance of each classroom.
- We will require all to sanitize or wash hands before, during and after class.
- Bathrooms with soap, hot water, paper towel dispensers and covered garbage bins should provide all necessary for washing hands if you would prefer to wash hands.
DO NOT ATTEND WHEN ILL
- You and your child may NOT enter the building if you or they are ill.
- With unlimited Zoom make-ups, unlimited attendance and optional online classes from home, you NEVER need to attend class when you or your children are ill.
- Due to smaller class sizes, it will be more important than ever to let us know when you WILL NOT be attending a class, so that we will be able to offer that spot to another.
- If you have ANY question about whether you should attend class due to symptoms, please contact me.
- Teachers will immediately cancel in person class and may hold online if they are ill or you may attend another class to make up.
- This policy is very strict and will be enforced and communicated often. Do not enter the building when you or your child is ill.
Please take temps often at home. If it is above 100.4 in the past 2 days, stay home and choose a virtual class to attend in place of in person.
You (and our teachers) may NOT enter the building if you or your child could answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with any person with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, any shortness of breath or a sore throat?
- Have you experienced any recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced any vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have thick nasal discharge?
- Have you had a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit today or within the last 48 hours?
If you answer YES to any of the above, you will not be allowed to enter Kindermusik classroom, but rather you will be encouraged to give consideration to contacting your health provider and attending a Zoom live virtual class.
DISINFECTING & CLEANING
- We’ve added 20-30 minutes between all classes for cleaning and disinfecting.
- ALL bathroom touch points will be disinfected in between classes.
- ALL common touch points will be disinfected in between classes. (door handles, sanitizer stations, light switches, counters, glass, entrances)
- All materials for class are disinfected and provided in each families own PERSONAL bin. Example: 4 shakers, 2 drums and dancing scarfs.
- ALL used instruments and props washed/disinfected before next use.
- Room purifiers/fans will be put on HIGH before and after each class.
- Shoes are taken off and coats and bags are placed in the shoe area. Socks will be required for all adults.
ONLINE MUSIC CLASSES
- We plan on continuing live online classes at least several mornings and evenings a week for those who wish to continue Kindermusik at home.
- Should we need to add MORE online classes to the schedule, we will do so.
- We will also add online extras for all registered families, like live bedtime stories, dance parties, bingo games, tea parties, snack time, instrument demos, etc.
- Due to this option, we can quickly adjust to ALL live online classes should we need to close the studio to in person classes due to any local community outbreak.
Join us for in person, online, or outdoor park classes!